I tried out a new recipe tonight for Apple Upside Down Pie. The picture above is what it looks like coming out of the oven. It is really very simple. You spread the bottom of the pie pan with a pecan, brown sugar, butter mixture, then you layer your pie crust, apple filling and then top with another pie crust and seal. After it cools, you flip it. I won't lie, I was VERY nervous about the flipping step, but it did fine and it all came out beautifully.
This is what it looks like after you flip it out of the pie pan. Now the pecan mixture is on top and the pie is on the bottom...thus the name...Apple Upside Down Pie.
It actually cuts nicely and looks beautiful plated up with some Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream (ha-ha to yall that can't get that stuff, George W. used to have it flown into the White House weekly, that's a fact). I apologize for the poor photo, but I put it on paper plates so we could enjoy our treat outside since the weather was gorgeous (low 80's, can I get a yee-haw).
Everyone gave the pie a TEN for taste and originality. I must confess, I had a piece as well (no ice cream). I really try not to eat junk, but for goodness sake, this has apples in it....we all need more fruit in our diet, right? It tastes DELICIOUS. I will have to get rid of the rest of it tomorrow to the neighbors because it is too dangerous to keep in the house. BINGE ALERT. I am organizing the Ward Harvest Carnival for November, after making this little slice of glory, I have added a Apple Pie Contest to the event. That's right, see if you can beat this slam dunk recipe. For those interested in this recipe, I got it from the Southern Living , Easy Entertaining, Recipes and Ideas for Fall edition. I picked my copy up at Lowe's last weekend.






0 comments:
Post a Comment