CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 16, 2010

It's a Hay Day

Bradley and I began our journey right after lunch yesterday. We were heading to Tarkington Praire for a few round bales.Here were are driving through Cleveland.
We stopped at the bank and got the money for the hay. Two hundred dollars doesn't go far.

We arrive at the Hay Man's house but, Oh NO, his tractor just broke down.


There is the hay that we need, it's less than 40 feet from our empty trailer, but we can't get it into the trailer without a tractor.


There is the Hay Man, working on his tractor.
So we wait......30 minutes....


We wait........30 minutes.....
(I would have rolled up my pants, but I haven't shaved my legs in a week)


And we wait.........One hour later......


FINALLY, a neighbor comes to the rescue and loads our hay for us.


So, two hours and two hundred dollars later, we've got hay for our horses.

I asked Hay Man if he wanted us to bring our tractor with us next time to load our own hay. He said it might be a good idea.
We could have had it delivered for $5 more a bale.










0 comments: