CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Saddle UP

Here is an update about our life. Bradley went riding last week and this guy pulls up beside him and asked if he could train a horse to carry a rider (some of you may refer to this as braking a horse). Bradley said he would give it a try, as he did brake his 2.5 yr old mare Chevy a few weeks ago. So, Bradley goes to pick up the horse and it is a 2.5 yr old stud who has had NO human contact. They load the crazy thing up, we are calling him Bucky, and bring him home. First, he puts all my mares in heat and so every horse on the property is acting crazy. Bradley works with him a little. And Kevin works with him a little.
They are able to lunge him and get a pad on him, but the saddle was not an option. Bucky completely flipped out.

He really will make a good horse some day, but he has trust issues and he needs to be gelded, SOON.


This morning I went out to feed with Bradley, I never made it back into the house until after three. We decided to do some work that need to be done, like clean chicken coop and haul off some old, wet hay. Then he worked on Fancy for a while, teaching her to slide stop and side step. Then we spent the next five hours with Bucky. We actually got a saddle on him. I didn't get a picture, but I promise that we did. He bit me twice. It's a good thing that I wear garmets to protect me, because it would have hurt. Maybe by next week Bradley will actually be able to sit on his back. Maybe.



0 comments: